Our experienced and Professional Prosthetists are committed to helping amputees live active and fulfilling lives. Whether the goal is to be back at work, active in athletics, or to simply be mobile and independent, we strive to provide a device that enables amputees to reach their potential.
Upper limb prosthetics are devices designed to replace, as much as possible, the function or appearance of a missing upper limb. Upper limb orthoses are devices designed to support, supplement, or augment the function of an existing upper limb.
The following are considerations when choosing a prosthesis:
- Amputation level
- Contour of the residual limb
- Expected function of the prosthesis
- Cognitive function of the patient
- Vocation of the patient (eg, desk job vs manual labor)
- Avocational interests of the patient (ie, hobbies)
- Cosmetic importance of the prosthesis
At Lethbridge Orthotics we have 3 Certified Prosthetists to help compensate for the loss of physical function. We offer prosthetic limbs that vary from the basic to the most technologically advanced device to fit your needs.